Pet Friendly Rentals
In Orange County
Finding a good selection of pet friendly rentals in Orange County can seem difficult.
If you have a cat or a dog, there are a couple of ways to go about finding a pet friendly rental in Orange County. The first one is to try and find ads that show that the landlord will accept dogs, cats, and other pets. The other choice is to have a real estate agent like those here at Orange County Home Rentals .com to search the local MLS for you.
We can provide you with a list of OC house rentals that has been narrowed down to show just those homes that are listed as being pet friendly rentals where the owner has stated that they will accept a dog, dogs, or cats. But keep in mind that just because a home is not listed as being pet friendly, it does not necessarily mean that the property owner will not negotiate on allowing a pet dog or cat. Many Orange County homes for rent are listed as “Submit” regarding pets. This is where the skills of an experienced home rental agent can help you get the home that you really want.
As you have probably found, pet friendly homes for rent in Orange County with a fenced yard for your dog are available, but they tend to go fast. This is just one more reason why it is smart to work with an experienced rental agent.
A landlord that has a home for rent will sometimes advertise that they will consider dogs or cats in their property. Landlords know that being pet friendly and allowing dogs and cats will attract a lot more tenants, especially those who are in need of finding a suitable home for themselves and their current pets. Let’s face it, our pets are part of our family and their needs are important too!
It can be very frustrating seeing how few home rentals are being advertised as allowing pets. You can try looking at websites like the Orange County Craigslist, but you will find a very limited selection. Also, be careful to avoid possible scams that are sometimes run on sites like Craigslist.
As Realtors®, we can show you all the available pet friendly rentals in Orange County – even if they are listed with another broker. It is pretty much the same system as if you were buying a house and there is no charge to the renter for our services. We will negotiate with the landlords on your behalf and prepare the proper documents using standard California Assoc. of Realtors contracts.
If you have a dog or cats, our team of leasing agents will make the process of finding Orange County pet friendly rentals a lot easier for you and your pets and our service is FREE for renters.
How To Get Approved With Pets
While you are working on your search for pet friendly rentals, keep in mind that finding landlords that are pet friendly, dog friendly, or cat friendly is not always easy. Once you find a rental property that you like, you may have to convince the owners that your pets are well behaved and won’t damage the property.
Here are some tips to negotiate your way into the purrfect home for Fido and Miss Kitty.
- Assemble a package that may include a letter from your vet stating the health of your animals, their disposition, any vaccinations and city permits, any training certificates, dog/cat show awards, a pet’s resume, a letter from you to the landlord as why the home will make a perfect home for you and Fido. This will show your landlord that you are serious, organized, prepared, pay attention to detail, and can be the perfect tenant.
- Include some quality photos of you with your pet. Make sure that the photos show your pets as being sweet and well behaved.
- Talk to your rental agent Some dog-friendly house rental owners will accept small dogs but may think twice about accepting large dogs. Make sure to communicate with your rental agent about the size of your dog and if there is more than one pet in the household. Sometimes, there will be a restriction on the number of pets you can have.
- Invite the landlord to your home If the landlord is willing to negotiate but needs some encouragement, you can offer an invitation for him to visit your current residence and meet your four-legged family members. This is assuming that it is spotless and will help your negotiations and not harm them.
- Enlist the help of a pet friendly neighbor that can attest how sweet your dog is and that it is not disruptive. Ask some of your past neighbors to give you signed testimonials.
- Address all of your potential landlord’s concerns with respect to your pets in a honest and responsible way.
By far the easiest way to find a good selection of pet friendly rentals in Orange County is to contact a licensed real estate agent like those here at OrangeCountyHomeRentals.com We make it easy to find a new home and our home finding service is FREE for renters.
We have full access to the Orange County MLS (Multiple Listing Service) database. It shows details on all the available homes for rent including cat and dog friendly home rentals and those properties that might consider pets depending on the quantity, size, breed, or other factors.